There are a number of ways you can donate goods to support Scouting.
- Donate your unwanted car through the council’s partnership with One Car, One Difference.
- Donate your unwanted Boats or Equipment
Your donation of a boat, golf cart, yard tractor, recreational vehicle— even your airplane— helps the Rip Van Winkle Council fund quality programs for more than 1,600 young people in the Hudson Valley Area served by the Rip Van Winkle Council.
How it Works.
The council Boat/Equipment donation program is run by a volunteer committee that is part of the Council Finance Committee. Proceeds from the program support the Local Scouting programs, To donate follow these steps:
1) Contact the Rip Van Winkle Council Service Center at (845) 339-0846 to initiate donation.
2) Referral information will be reviewed by the Committee to determine acceptance.
3) Upon committee approval, you will receive paperwork by mail. Things not accepted by the committee may be referred to council auto donation program.
4) Fill out and return the Boat/Equipment Donation form. (Return all copies.)
5) Sign the title or titles to release your interest in the vessel, trailer and/or equipment.
6) Lost title? Contact our office at (845) 339-0846 for additional direction. We will not accept a boat, trailer or equipment for donation until title issues are resolved.
7) Arrange delivery of the donation after documents have been completed and returned to the office.
TAX BENEFITS OF DONATION:
Donors should contact their tax professional for advice about deducting contributions of cars and other vehicles, boats or equipment. The Rip Van Winkle Council is a 501(c)3 organization and is registered with the state of New York for charitable purposes.
Questions? Raymond Braun email@example.com or (845) 339-0846.