2022 SCOUTS BSA SUMMER PROGRAMS
Join us for a series of weekend specialty camps this summerMORE INFO
2022 CUB SCOUT SUMMER PROGRAM
Join us for our 2022 weekend family campMORE INFO
NEW TO SCOUTING
Scouting provides fun activities that promote personal responsibility and self-esteem; and helps children develop into well-rounded adults.NEW TO SCOUTING
Contact Office for Information about receiving supplies. Visit our location at the Hudson Valley Mall.SCOUT SHOP
The Scout Shop will be closing early June 30, 2022 at 3:00 PM.
With the recent increase in COVID-19 exposures, ALL customers must wear a mask when in the Scout Service Center.
WANTED Accounting Specialist
An Accounting Specialist is a financial professional who manages all forms of financial accounts within an organization. They keep accurate records, ensuring that invoices are paid when necessary and clients do not overpay for services rendered or goods delivered.
Accounting Specialist responsibilities include:
· Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities
· Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, invoices, and receipts
· Using documents to verify, record and process transactions
We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented Accounting Specialist who will analyze financial information, maintain complete records while adhering to the strict standards of our organization.
An Accounting Specialist’s responsibilities include keeping accurate records of all incoming and outgoing payments, handling payroll tasks as required and assisting with preparing tax documents as needed.
Ultimately, you will ensure that invoices get paid and clients make good on their promises by keeping accurate records of both uncollected debts from customers.
· Speak with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate, and payments are received promptly
· Review financial reports
· Communicate with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies
· Participate in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments
· Process payroll
Requirements and skills
· Proven work experience as an Accounting Specialist or similar role
· Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation
· Exceptional time management, communication, and problem-solving skills
· Strong math and research skills
· Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred
Submit or send your resume to:
Rip Van Winkle Council, BSA
1300 Ulster Avenue
Kingston, NY 12401
The mission of the Rip Van Winkle Council is to provide an effective program for boys and girls, as well as young men and women, to help them develop desirable qualities of character and leadership, participating citizenship, personal fitness, good family values, and respect for the environment, and to prepare them to make ethical choices over their lifetime in achieving their full potential.
Further, it is the mission of the Rip Van Winkle Council to make the Scouting program available to all eligible youth in Ulster and Greene Counties. The council will develop and maintain the physical and financial resources to support an effective Scouting program in its territory and support the chartered organizations that use Scouting.